Samegrelo
The Khobi Cathedral, with its ancient relics is a marvelous monastery. It is situated on the hill, on the left bank of the river of Khobistskali. It is distanced from Akhal-Senaki by 6 versts. The entire Khobi Monastery was painted with ancient frescoes in earlier times and the painting was renewes for several times on later dates.
There are various opinions about the date of building the Cathedral. Ekvtime Takaishvili, dades it By the X-XIcc. As for other scientist, they believe that the monastery with its modern image was built at the end of the XIII and at the beginning of the XIV centuries. The monastery was especially important due to the fact that four centuries it housed the relics,,, which were very important to the Christians: The chiton of the Holy Virgin, a fragment of the life-giving pillar, and the bone sections of St. John the Baptist, St. Cyril, St. Marin and St. George.

Dadiani Palaces History and Architectural Museum is a Georgian national museum located in Zugdidi, Georgia.The Dadiani Palaces History and Architecture Museum is considered to be one of the most eminent palaces in Caucasus.
. Nowadays the palace became the state historical and ethnographical museum. Once it used to be the residence of Dadianis' Dynasty but in 1849 it became a museum. The owners of the palace were well educated people with interests in different fields. The representatives of the Dynasty were acquainted with world history, culture latest technical achievements. They were tightly involved in the social events.
During the centuries they were assisting Georgian artists, writers and representatives of culture. Prominent people were gathering in their residence and were delibarating on political, social and cultural issues.
The museum presents to its visitors 41 000 objects. Most of them are unique and invaluable examples of Georgian and foreign art, historic documents and golden and silver treasure.
Along with examples of the medieval period here you will find exhibits from ancient times (Stone, Paleolithic and Neolithic ages).
We should underline the Golden and Silver treasure from I and II centuries. A wonderful collection of Byzantian, Kolkhidian, Romanian, Russian, Polish and Hungarian coins makes visitors admire the people and their interests who used to live here.
Exclusive examples of the embossing made on the golden plates from 11th up to 19thcenturies request special attention. Handwritten religious books and official deeds made in 16-19 centuries are also extremely important.Here you will even find Rococo, Ampir and Bule furniture.
Napoleon Bonaparte's death mask made by his personal doctor Franchesko Antomark in 1833 is also kept in the museum.


Rukhi is a fortress of medievals,in the west of Georgia.it was built by Levan II Dadiani(heat of samegrelo region)in 1647.with profitable location it was the main fortification of samegrelo. on both sides of the fortress it has two towers,in which there were installed artillery tools.Rukhi fortress is surrounded by a fence of 10-12 metres hight. paths used for attacks are constructed in upper parts of the fence.
Martvili-Chkondidi Cathedral was built late in the 7th century. Revered as the gem of Georgian masonry, this cathedral rests on the roots of the old oak tree. During the 10th century, King of Abkhazia Giorgi II, designated Martvili-Chkondidi Monastery as episcopal center. Martvili Monastery was considered a major educutional center. Martvili Monasterial Complex has a strategic geographic location from where most of western Georgia can be seen. During the Turkish-Arabic invasions it was almost completely destroyed, but in the 10th century Giorgi II rebuit it. Some of 14th, 15th, 16th, and 17th century frescos are still preserved in the main Cathedral and they represent some of the highest quality craftsmaship in the Georgian history. To the north of the Catherdral there is a miniature stone church which is called Holy Christmas Cathedral or Church of Chikvanebi
Anaklia is a town and seaside resort in western Georgia. It is located in the Samegrelo-Zemo Svaneti region, at the place where the Enguri River (Inguri) flows into the Black Sea, near the administrative border with Abkhazia.
Tsaishi –it’s a village ,a balneological health resort in Georgia.near the bank af the river Jumi,it lies at an alevation of 50 meters above sea level. There is erected the church of XIII-XIV cc.also the church Jegeta,of XVII cc. Flora and fauna is varios in Tsaishi.you can find there lime-tree ,which is supposed to be 600 years old and 100 year old magnolia,rarest species of grapes-izabela,box-trees,laurel,yew,eucalyptus and so on…
Tsaishi –it’s a village ,a balneological health resort in Georgia.near the bank af the river Jumi,it lies at an alevation of 50 meters above sea level.
There is erected the church of XIII-XIV cc.also the church Jegeta,of XVII cc.
Flora and fauna is varios in Tsaishi.you can find there lime-tree ,which is supposed to be 600 years old and
100 year old magnolia,rarest species of grapes-izabela,box-trees,laurel,yew,eucalyptus and so on…


Nokalakevi, also known as Archaeopolis is a village and archaeological site in the Senaki municipality, Samegrelo-Zemo Svaneti region, Georgia.
Anglo-Georgian Expedition to Nokalakevi: History
Nokalakevi's locale
The site consists of a lower town and a citadel, set in a loop of the river Tekhuri where it emerges from a gorge in the mountains onto the Colchian plain (to which Jason and the Argonauts are said to have travelled). The lower town borders the river to the south and west and a steep slope to the north. Perched on the crest of this ridge sits the citadel with fine views across the plain to the south and east. Walls connect the two parts of the city. On the east side of the lower town, unprotected by nature, successive rulers built three parallel defensive walls with towers and a strongly fortified gate.

The ruins at the village of Nokalakevi were recognised as historically important as early as 1834 when the Swiss philologist Frederic Dubois du Monpereux identified them as the Colchian Archaeopolis mentioned by the Late Roman historians Procopius of Caesarea and Agathias of Myrina.
Archaeological work was first undertaken in 1930 by the German archaeologist A.M. Schneider who in excavating a tower and gateway, discovered a hoard of Byzantine coins from the reign of the Emperor Maurice (584 -602). Excavations were not resumed until 1973 when the Janashia State Museum of History initiated large-scale archaeological and conservation work at the site and in the surrounding region up to 1991.
After the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991 and subsequent civil unrest in Georgia the expedition suffered severe damage to its infrastructure. In 2000 AGEN and the Georgian State Museum agreed to resume excavation, which continue until the present day.