Barakoni Church
Barakoni Church of the Mother of God
St Mary's Church of Barakoni - Racha-Lechkhumi

St Mary's Church of Barakoni stands at the village of Tsesi, Ambrolauri Region, Racha. Barakoni is one of the last, important specimens of the Georgian domed Churches. The cathedral was built in 1753 by the archi¬tect Avtandil Shulavreli by the order of the Ruler of the Racha Principality – Rostom. The Church is built of hewn stone and is richly decorated with mostly traditional orna¬ments outside. One can see some old elements (south¬ern niches) in the facades.